If your domain name is registered with godaddy but hosted through another hosting company you’ll need to set the custom nameservers for your domain. This Article will help you to change the nameservers for your domain name registered with godaddy.
Seting custom nameservers Godaddy
- Log into your GoDaddy Account. Navigate to “My Domains”
- Locate the domain you wish to set custom nameservers for and click on it.
- In the Nameservers section click Manage.
- In the Nameserver Settings pop-up, select Custom, then click the Edit Nameservers . Enter your nameservers, and click OK when you are done. ( here are bluehost nameservers for example )
- Click Save to finalize the changes.
Once you have made changes to your nameservers at Godaddy, there will be 6-24 hours of DNS propagation time. Your website may not be available, during this period.